Our team is happily expanding and we are on the hunt for a savvy social media and event intern! Please share with someone you might know ~ tons of growth and full time potential for the right candidate. This is a part-time (10-15 hours per week), paid internship.
Please direct all inquiries and resumes to email@example.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with Marketing and Sales team to manage Red Carpet Events and Design’s (RCED) internet presence and brand.
2. Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to blogs, websites and social media platforms.
3. Assess new standards, technologies and trends, and formulate plans for future enhancement to social media strategies.
4. Ensure blog(s) and social media accounts are accessible from a variety of different environments and push to other websites and discussion groups.
5. Produce a consistent visual images and branding across communication platforms (photography skills and creative styling a plus)
6. Familiarity with Adobe and ability to create usable images for online and web
7. Troubleshoot and repairs bugs and problems.
8. Respond promptly to online comments, interactions and email
9. Research, write/edit and create content for website, social media use and press releases.
10. Perform other event duties and event preparation roles as appropriate
Possess engaging "conversational" writing skills with a professional posture. Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently and efficiently. Must be proactive and have a strong desire to learn more about Reno Tahoe events and translate into effective social media communications. Apply practical learning to enhance Red Carpet Events and Design’s internet presence within the event, travel and hospitality industries. Would prefer a current junior or senior at the undergraduate level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Ability to evaluate new and evolving social media and grow followings across platforms
* Solid understanding of writing a blog and WordPress
* Manage Yelp presence and company pages on industry blogs
* Ability to utilize reporting tools for analysis of traffic, referral links and reader demographics
* Solid foundation in search engine optimization (SEO) and implementing RSS technology
* Knowledge and understanding of internet operations and functionality
* Proofreading and editing skills.
* Ability to create, compose, and edit written and online materials
* Ability to write simply with a conversational style
* Writing should be informative and fun and with tone and voice consistent with Red Carpet branding
* Ability to work with event team and communicate effectively (share ideas, brainstorm, implement suggestions)
* Solicit feedback and understand long term communications goals and plans
* Assist management in identifying opportunities
* Maintain high ethics with blog/social media presentation, content and daily work tasks
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively.
* In depth understanding of WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest and demonstrated ability to increase followings in all areas
* Present professional, but friendly posture throughout the Internet
* Act as ambassador and liaison for company with the Internet community
We are looking for interns that are interested in learning more about the event planning industry and that would like to potentially grow with our company. The internship can easily turn into a job with your drive, ambition and talent in doing a great job.
There is one position available and we need our intern to make a commitment of at least 2 days per week and a minimum of 5 hours per day. Additional time directly associated with maintaining consistent social media presence may be required.
- Smart, efficient, and ON TIME!
- fulfill all areas of job description and have established working knowledge of social media and web
- Have a cheerful disposition, and be able to go with the flow.
- Excellent writing skills (print, online, general correspondence).
- Be flexible and know how to multitask. These are essentials in this industry.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Know how to utilize social media effectively: Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, WordPress, LInkedIn
- Must have own car and valid license and insurance
- experience or interest in photography/visual design and floral design a plus
When submitting for position, please include links to online profiles and blogs in addition to a reference who can speak to your online abilities and potential.